EAL Writing Retreat
EAL Writing Retreat In-Person
What is EAL Writing Retreat?
This three-day in-person program (Monday to Wednesday, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm) is designed for English language learners who are working on significant writing projects (e.g. major research papers, master’s theses, or PhD dissertations). Participants attend short workshops and group discussions, but the majority of the schedule is dedicated to focused writing and time for individual consultations with a Writing Specialist.
Is EAL Writing Retreat for you?
- Are you a student at the University of Guelph?
- Are you working on a major paper, proposal, thesis, or dissertation?
- Is writing in the English language a struggle for you?
- Would you like to write in a supportive community of students who are also learning English as an additional language?
If you answered yes to these questions, then this program is for you!
What do the workshops focus on?
- Common grammatical structures in academic writing
- Useful vocabulary and phrasing for scholarly communication
NOTE: This retreat DOES NOT focus on thesis/dissertation organization and structure.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org