Book Publishing Seminar: From Book Manuscript to Publication
Book Publishing Seminar: From Book Manuscript to Publication In-Person / Online
Join Wilfrid Laurier University Press editor Siobhan McMenemy and University of Alberta Press editor Mat Buntin for a Book Publishing Seminar, hosted by Writing Services and the Research and Scholarship Team in the McLaughlin Library.
Locations: This event will be hosted in a hybrid format with attendance options for in person (Library Room 384) and online on Zoom. (This event will be recorded.)
Faculty, staff, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars are invited to an overview of the publishing process, followed by a Q&A about how to bring your book manuscript to publication.
The seminar will focus on scholarly book publishing, with an emphasis on the processes and norms of university presses in Canada. The presentation will focus on publishing work in the humanities and social sciences, including interdisciplinary scholarship. Topics of discussion will include
- how to locate the appropriate publisher for your work,
- how to prepare a book proposal,
- how to turn your thesis into a book,
- the peer review process,
- sources of funding for scholarly books, and
- what to expect of your publisher and what your publisher will expect of you.
Scholars at all career stages are invited to attend, and the seminar will be tailored to the attendees as much as possible.
If you have questions about this event and/or require accommodations, please email Jodie Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone with a specific book project to discuss or those with additional questions after the seminar are very welcome to contact Siobhan and/or Mat either before or after the seminar -- They would love to hear from you!
Siobhan McMenemy, Wilfrid Laurier University Press
Mat Buntin, University of Alberta Press
- Monday, February 27, 2023
- 12:00pm - 1:15pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Library 384
- McLaughlin Library
- Faculty/Staff Graduate Publishing Support Writing
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.