Data Skills: Introduction to RStudio
Data Skills: Introduction to RStudio Online
R is an open source software that has gained a lot of popularity in the community due to its power and capability to make research more reproducible. Many disciplines are now switching to using R over other paid software; however, many might be intimidated by the programming skills required to use R. Well, fear no more! In this workshop, you will learn the basics of R and how to navigate the interface. You can expect to learn the following by the end of this workshop:
- Getting comfortable with the R interface
- Learning the basics of R programming
- Working with packages
- Importing data
- Creating basic descriptive statistics and frequency tables
Prior knowledge of R is not required to attend this workshop. This is part 1 of a 4-part workshop series on RStudio.
NOTE:This workshop will be held online via Zoom. You MUST have a University of Guelph email (ending in either @guelphhumber.ca or @uoguelph.ca) to register and participate in this workshop. An email will be sent to all registered attendees 24 hours before the workshop. Registration closes 24 hours before the workshop.
Software / Account Requirements:
Before starting the workshop, please complete the following:
- Download and Install R
- Install RStudio Desktop
- What is R used for? Introduction to RStudio basics (5 min)
If you have any issues with your install, please contact the IT Help Desk.
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Other - See Description
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.