Create your own media for a Digital Story
Create your own media for a Digital Story Online
This workshop will introduce participants to the creative practice of capturing and manipulating their own visual media to construct meaning. The workshop facilitators will lead participants in an activity that will enable them to capture, edit, and arrange media in ways that communicate messages or ideas. Create your own media for a Digital Story is the second of four optional workshops that make up our Summer 2021 Digital Storytelling mini workshop series. It is not required that participants complete Introduction to Digital Storytelling before attending this workshop. Participants are welcome to attend as many or as few workshops as they please. Consecutive completion is not required.
If you did attend Introduction to Digital Storytelling, this workshop will provide an opportunity for you to continue developing your personal story.
This workshop is available to anyone with an interest in Digital Storytelling, and a desire to explore a personal story inspired by events in their own lives.
Upon the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize that visual media creates messaging and meaning.
- Create media to use to communicate their message or story.
- Manipulate and arrange media to communicate messages effectively.
Upcoming Workshops in this series:
- Tuesday, July 13 2021 from 10:00 am - 11:20 am (EST)
- Tuesday, July 20 2021 from 10:00 am - 11:20 am (EST)
- Tuesday, July 6, 2021
- 10:00am - 11:20am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.