Introduction to Digital Storytelling Workshop
Introduction to Digital Storytelling Workshop Online
This brief workshop will introduce participants to the practice of Digital Storytelling for personal reflection and development. Our experienced facilitators will take a deep dive into the components, the elements, and the benefits of digital storytelling, and will also lead activities to demonstrate the application of these principles. The Introduction to Digital Storytelling Workshop is the first of four optional workshops that make up our Summer 2021 Digital Storytelling mini workshop series. This introductory workshop will prompt participants to begin conceptualizing an idea for their very own digital story, and participants are invited to attend the following three workshops to continue to develop their story and improve their media skills. Participants are welcome to attend as many or as few workshops as they please. Consecutive completion is not required.
This workshop is available to anyone with an interest in Digital Storytelling, and a desire to explore a personal story inspired by events in their own lives.
Upon the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- List components of a digital story.
- Identify how elements of storytelling are employed to create an effective digital story.
- Create meaning and stories from different images and media.
- Choose a focused topic for their digital story.
Other Workshops in this series:
- Tuesday, July 6 2021 from 10:00 am - 11:20 am (EST)
- Tuesday, July 13 2021 from 10:00 am - 11:20 am (EST)
- Tuesday, July 20 2021 from 10:00 am - 11:20 am (EST)
- Monday, June 21, 2021
- 10:00am - 11:20am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.