Data Skills: Creating Data with Surveys
Many researchers, administrators, and service providers use surveys to collect data. Really, who hasn’t created a survey? With the tools available to us, it is easy to create and distribute a survey. However, there are a number of important issues to consider when creating a survey. In particular, it is paramount to have a clear idea of your intention for both the process and the result before you begin. What is your research question, what will you do with the data that is collected, what decisions or actions will this data guide? In this session, we will use Qualtrics, our online survey software, to explore the fundamentals of survey creation.
We will explore:
- Developing a clear plan
- How to create a Qualtrics account
- Resources to learn about Qualtrics
- How to create a basic Qualtrics survey
- Methodology tips for good survey design and common errors to avoid
- Advanced question types and methods
- How to manage your survey results
Before you attend this workshop, you will need to create a Qualtrics account. To create an account please go to the Qualtrics Account Creation page. You will need to use your University of Guelph central login credentials (same as your UofG email username and password). If you have any issues, please submit a Help Request.
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Library 289 Scholars Studio