Brain Food: Outlining Your Thesis + Explaining Your Research Findings
In this workshop session, we analyze the common features and structures of the thesis/dissertation and then focus more specifically on the results and discussion sections.
- Outlining Your Thesis
- This session offers a visual mapping strategy that you can use to organize your research and writing, structure your argument logically, manage your evidence, and ultimately create an outline of your entire thesis writing project
- Writing Results and Discussion
- This session introduces strategies that will help you describe your data and communicate the significance of your research findings
- Data Visualization
- A picture is worth a thousand words! It is time to explore or explain your research findings through visualizations. This workshop will introduce the data visualization process, examine the strengths and weaknesses of standard chart types, and provide an introduction to how to build these charts using Tableau software.
Participants will have the opportunity to obtain a Graduate Writing and Research Skills Letter of Recognition in acknowledgment of their efforts to expand their knowledge and skills.
You are also welcome to visit the Library Events page to register and attend the other Brain Food workshops:
- Getting Started on Your Thesis: June 18
- Writing the Literature Review: June 18
- Time Management Essentials: June 19
- Publishing and Presenting Your Research: June 20
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Library 384
- McLaughlin Library