James MacNevin, senior editor at the University of British Columbia Press, is holding a book publishing talk at the University of Guelph on Tuesday, 28 November 2017. All faculty and PhD students are welcome to attend.
The talk will focus on scholarly book publishing in the humanities and social sciences. It will provide an opportunity to learn about the process of publishing with a university press.
Topics of discussion include:
- What distinguishes university presses from other publishers
- Finding a publisher for your work
- How to prepare an attractive prospectus
- Turning your thesis into a book
- Sources of funding
- e-Books and open access
- What to expect of your publisher and what your publisher will expect of you
If you are unable to attend but would like to set up a separate meeting to discuss a specific book proposal, please email James MacNevin at email@example.com.