Brain Food: Outlining Your Thesis + Writing Results and Discussion
In this workshop session, we analyze the common features and structures of the thesis/dissertation and then focus more specifically on the results and discussion sections.
- Outlining Your Thesis: This session offers a visual mapping strategy that you can use to organize your research and writing, structure your argument logically, manage your evidence, and ultimately create an outline of your entire thesis writing project.
- Writing Results and Discussion Sections: This session introduces writing strategies that will help you describe your data and communicate the significance of your research findings.
Participants will have the opportunity to obtain a Graduate Writing and Research Skills Letter of Recognition in acknowledgement of their efforts to expand their knowledge and skills. You are also welcome to visit the Library Events page to register and attend the other Brain Food workshops:
- Getting Started on Your Thesis: Friday, September 29, 9-12 noon or Friday, October 20, 1-4 pm
- Time Management Essentials: Tuesday, October 17, 1-4 pm
- Writing the Literature Review: Friday, September 29, 1-4 pm or Friday, October 20, 9-12 noon
- Outlining Your Thesis + Writing Results and Discussion: Friday, October 13, 9-12 noon or Friday, October 27, 1-4 pm
- Publishing and Presenting Your Research: Friday, October 27, 9-12 noon
- Friday, October 13, 2017
- 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Library 384
- McLaughlin Library