Brain Food: Getting Started on Your Thesis
In this workshop session, we provide foundational skills and strategies that will carry you through the thesis or dissertation process. Topics covered will include:
- Managing the Thesis Process: We discuss goal setting and time management strategies to keep you motivated throughout your graduate degree.
- Formulating Your Research Question: Your research question forms the basis of your research project. In this session, we discuss how to formulate an effective research question and how to use it to guide and inform your thesis or dissertation from start to finish.
- Proposal Writing: In this session, we will examine the essential components of a thesis (or grant) proposal and discuss strategies to create clarity, concision, and cohesion in your writing.
Participants will have the opportunity to obtain a Graduate Writing and Research Skills Letter of Recognition in acknowledgement of their efforts to expand their knowledge and skills. You are also welcome to visit the Library Events page to register and attend the other Brain Food workshops:
- Getting Started on Your Thesis: Friday, September 29, 9-12 noon or Friday, October 20, 1-4 pm
- Time Management Essentials: Tuesday, October 17, 1-4 pm
- Writing the Literature Review: Friday, September 29, 1-4 pm or Friday, October 20, 9-12 noon
- Outlining Your Thesis + Writing Results and Discussion: Friday, October 13, 9-12 noon or Friday, October 27, 1-4 pm
- Publishing and Presenting Your Research: Friday, October 27, 9-12 noon