Data Skills: Data Visualization with Tableau
Say goodbye to those drab and uninspired charts and step up your data visualization game with Tableau. Tableau is a powerful new tool for creating interactive, expressive data visualizations without a single line of code. This hands on workshop will help you get started using Tableau to quickly and easily build data visualizations.
This workshop covers all the material you’ll need to get started visualizing your data:
- Best practices for building data visualizations in Tableau
- Importing data into Tableau
- Identifying and manipulating data types
- Sorting, grouping and filtering data
- Creating simple visualizations such as scatter plots, line plots, area plots, stacked bar charts, tree maps, filled maps and packed circle plots.
- Combine multiple visualizations into dashboards and stories
Please bring a laptop for your own use during the workshop with the latest version of Tableau installed.
Location TBD. This workshop will be hosted in the McLaughlin Library.
This workshop is part of the the Data Skills series.
- Thursday, October 12, 2017
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Other - See Description
- McLaughlin Library